Today’s post is a real treat. I am sure many of you will be shocked that I am actually posting this recipe. I have kept it a secret for many years, but finally decided to post it on one condition; if you are going to the same party as I am, do not show up with my signature spinach dip. Other than that make it, enjoy it and let me know how it comes out!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe adapted from many spinach dip recipes into my own
- 1/2 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of sour cream for this and the next two ingredients, low fat is always good!
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- a little less than 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3/4 cup of artichoke hearts chopped I like to use marinated and give them a real quick rinse so the flavor is not too potent.
Preheat oven to 375. Place all of the above ingredients in an oven safe dish, try to mix with a spoon the best you can. I don’t thaw the spinach, but if you do it will help you to mix. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir so everything is nicely combined. Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle some extra parmesan on top and broil for 2 minutes or until the top gets slightly browned. Be careful not to let the dip burn when using the broiler.
Serve in a breadbowl or just with some tostito chips and enjoy!